The hall has an alcohol licence, held by the Trustees. If you wish to permit alcohol at any event, you MUST have the permission of the Trustees, you MUST read and accept the conditions on our Booking Form and the Responsible Person form MUST be signed and returned to the Booking Secretary at the time of payment.
Conduct of Licensed Premises
- It is a criminal offence for any person to sell alcohol to any person under the age of 18. There are no exceptions to this. The consumption of alcohol by persons under the age of 18 is also rigorously restricted by law.
- The Premises license requires that steps are taken to prevent drunkenness and disorderly conduct on the premises. It is an offence to sell alcohol to a person who is drunk.
- It is an offence to allow disorderly conduct on the premises.
- A drunk or disorderly person may be requested to leave the premises. Any failure to do so is an offence.
Permitted Hours for Sale or Supply of Alcohol
- Monday to Saturday 11.00 to 23.00
- New Year's Eve 11.00 to 01.00
The bar MUST close by 23.00. Last orders should be at 22.40
Drinks may be supplied in pre-packed sealed containers - e.g. wine by the bottle, beer by the bottle or can.
Drinks may also be supplied by the glass, not in pre-packed sealed containers.
In this latter case, where drinks are not in a sealed container, customers or guests MUST have the option of a small measure on request:
- beer or cider - half pint
- gin, rum, vodka or whisky - 25ml or 35ml
- still wine in a glass - 125ml
You must make people aware that these options are available.
A set of measures may be found in the Main Hall kitchen
It is illegal to smoke in any part of the premises.
Music and Noise levels
It is an offence to cause a nuisance by noise.
- Sound must be kept to a level which is acceptable to our neighbours and to the Hall Committee during the event and when leaving the premises.
- Doors and windows must be closed at all times.
- No music to be played after 11.00pm, unless by prior agreement with the Committee.
- ON NO ACCOUNT ARE FIREWORKS TO BE SET OFF ON THE PREMISES.
It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that all persons under 18 are supervised, and behave in an appropriate manner at all times, both inside the premises and in the grounds.
Risks and Public Liability Insurance
Users have responsibility for managing risks, so far as reasonably practicable, arising from their own activities when they have control of the premises or control of equipment on the premises. If the user has at least one employee they will also have wider duties under health and safety law.
Whilst the Hall has Public Liability Insurance, this may not cover the hirer’s activities. It is the hirer’s responsibility to carry out their own Risk Assessment of their activities and decide whether they need their own Public Liability Insurance
Equipment brought in must be covered by the Hirer’s own insurance. Electrical equipment must be covered by a valid Portable Appliance Test certificate (evidence of this may be required).
NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES ARISING FROM THE USE OF SUCH EQUIPMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE HALL COMMITTEE.
All accidents must be reported in the Accident Books (in both kitchens), and to the Committee by email firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Caretaker.
(First Aid kits in both kitchens)
Hirers are responsible for damage, and repair costs will be charged.
It is the responsibility of the Hirer to remove all rubbish after the event and dispose of it in a responsible manner.
It is also the responsibility of the Hirer to supply the rubbish bags.
No Blu-tac, sellotape, or similar to be used on walls inside the Hall/s
- Toilets - Must be flushed and left clean and tidy in same condition as found.
- Floors - Must be swept clean. (Brush, mop and vacuum in Caretaker’s cupboard)
- Chairs and Tables - Must be stacked against window side of Hall.
- Linen - Any linen used must be washed, laundered and returned to Caretaker within 7 days.
- Kitchen Items - Must be returned to correct cupboards as labelled. Surfaces wiped clean.
- Dishwasher - If used, must be rinsed as directed.
- Switch off all lights. (The outside and toilet lights are automatic).
- Close all windows and internal doors.
- Contact the Caretaker and await his attendance to secure the building before leaving the premises.
- The caretaker is Charles Cox, telephone number 029 2075 7164
- If Charles is not available, you will be given an alternative contact number when the hall is opened for you.
- Full refund if cancelled 14 days before hire date.
- If cancelled within 14 days of the hire date, and Hall is re- let - full refund.
- If cancelled within 14 days of the hire date, and Hall is NOT re- let, 50% of fee will be retained.